1. Ph.D. in Economics, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, May 2005
Dissertation: "Essays in Health, Education and Economic Development"
Committee Co-Chairs: Russell Cooper and Li Gan
2. Ph.D. in History of Economic Thought, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China. January 1999
Dissertation: "The Dynamic Economics of Power"
Committee Co-Chairs: Chongtai Tan and Hengfu Zou
3. M.S. in Applied Mathematics, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China, July 1995
4. B.S. in Mathematics, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China, July 1992
1. Associate Professor, School of Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, May 2005 - present
2. Vice President, Chinese Economists Association, 2005-2006
3. Consultant, Rand Corporation, Santa Monica, Summer 2005
4. Postdoctoral Fellow of Population Research Center, University of Texas at Austin, June 2005 – September 2005
5. Research Assistant, National Bureau of Economic Research, May 2002 – August 2003
6. Teaching Assistant, Department of Economics, University of Texas at Austin, Fall 2000 – Spring 2005
7. Lecturer, Institute of Advanced Studies, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China, Fall 1998 – Fall 1999
8. Lecturer, Guanghua School of Management, Beijing University, Beijing, Spring 2000
R03 HD046892 "Endogenous Mortality Risk and Educational Attainment of Black and White Men." The National Institutes of Health. December 2004 -- December 2006
Role: Co-PI (PI: Li Gan)
1、"Costly Labor Adjustment: General Equilibrium Effects of China's Employment Regulations and Financial Reforms," with Russell Cooper and Ping Yan, NBER Working Paper: #19324, The Economic Journal, 2017.11(published online).
2、"The Role of Returns to Scale in Measuring Frictions in Resource Allocation: Revisiting Misallocation and Manufacturing TFP in China," with Guanliang Hu, Economics Letters, 2016, Vol. 138, 26-29.
3、"The Impact of Individual Health Account Scheme on Lifetime Income Redistribution: Evidence from China," with Hongmei Wang and Lingli Xu, Review of Development Economics, 2015, 19(4), 925-940.
4、"Dynamic Labor Demand: Public and Private Objectives," with Russell Cooper and Ping Yan, Rand Journal of Economics, Fall 2015, Vol. 46, No. 3, 577-610.
5、"Subjective Mortality Risk and Bequests," with Li Gan, Michael Hurd, and Daniel McFadden, Journal of Econometrics, 2015, Vol. 188, Issue 2, 514-525.
6、"The Risk and Dynamics of Health Care Expenditures in Urban China: An Illustration in KunShan City," with Hongmei Wang and Lingli Xu, Frontiers of Economics in China, 2014, Vol 9, Issue 4, 667-693.
7、中国制造业资源配置效率与全要素生产率, 经济研究, 2013.04.
8、Evaluating the Advanced Life Deferred Annuity - An Annuity People Might Actually Buy (with Anthony Webb), Insurance:Mathematics and Economics, 2010.
9、Mortality heterogeneity and the distributional consequences of mandatory annuitization (with Anthony Webb), The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2008.
10、K-nn Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Functions in the Presence of Irrelevant Variables (with Rui Li), Econometrics Journal, 2008
1. "Mortality Risk and Educational Attainment of Black and White Men," with Li Gan, NBER Working Paper: #10381.
2. "Subjective Mortality Risk and Bequest Motivation," with Li Gan, Michael Hurd, and Daniel McFadden. NBER Working Paper, #10781.
3. "Subjective Mortality and Mandatory Insurance," with Anthony Webb.
4. "A Structural Model of Multi-Waves of Subjective Survival Probabilities," with Li Gan, Michael Hurd and Daniel McFadden.
5. "Estimating the Interdependence between Health and Education in a Dynamic Model."
6. "Subjective Survival Curves and Bequest Motivation by Couples," with Li Gan and Michael Hurd.
7. "Multiple Equilibrium and Persistent Disparity between Black and White," with Li Gan. .
8. "Health Expenditure, Education and Development"
9. "Community Mortality Effect on Individual Education Attainment"